Maybe the correct question should be should I create system restore points for my Windows 7 computer? This is probably a better question than how do I create a system restore point for my Windows 7 computer.
How many of us have had something bad happen to our computers whether it be a virus attack on our system or a program not getting installed properly and the computer does not function properly. This is where we can back track using a system restore point from an earlier date on our computer. A system restore point will set your computer back to a point in time when the last system restore point was done.
Keep in mind though that by using a system restore, it is a way to undo system changes to your computer but will not affect your personal files such as documents, email and photos. To see the full details of the functions of a System Restore, please visit Wikipedia on System Restore.
Here are the steps on creating a System Restore point in Windows 7 at any time:
1. Click the Start button
2. Click on Control Panel
3. Click on System
4. Click on System Protection
5. Click on Create at the bottom of the dialog box
6. Under the Create a Restore Point name, enter the name of the System Restore point name, i.e., Date of the System Restore
7. Click Create
8. You will now see the System Restore point being created
9. Now you will see that System Restore point was created successfully.
There you have it. It is a good idea to get into the habit of creating these System Restore points on a regular basis to save you some headache at a later time.
Hope this helps someone!
[easyazon-block asin=”B0057OCS9A” align=”center”]